Dental emergencies are a very painful and scary event. In most cases, teeth become fractured by trauma, grinding, eating hard foods. An immediate treatment is always required to alleviate pain and ensure your teeth have the best possible dental care and the best chance of survival.
Let’s face reality, for most people being at a dental office is just not an enjoying experience. That’s why at Sunrise Village Dental on East Hastings St in Vancouver, we offer sedation options for people who are nervous and are undergoing major dental surgeries. It’s very safe and induces a relaxed state wherein you can forget all about your worries and stress while we undertake of your dental emergencies. The best part is that while even if you are awake for parts of the procedure, you will be so relaxed and this may help with future visits.
Call us immediately if you have any of the following:
- Broken or chipped tooth
- Any signs of Toothache
- Lost filling/Abscessed Tooth
- Sensitivity to hot/cold temperature
- Emergency to teeth/jaw region
Don’t wait until you have a dental emergency. Please call our dental clinic in Vancouver at any signs of trauma to your teeth at (604) 253-2433.
Here are some tips for common dental emergencies:
- For a knocked-out permanent or adult tooth, keep it moist at all times. If you can, try placing the tooth back in the socket without touching the root. If that’s not possible, place it in between your cheek and gums, in milk, or use a tooth preservation product that has the CDA Seal of Acceptance. Then, get to Sunrise Village Dental Clinic right away.
- For a cracked tooth, immediately rinse the mouth with warm water to clean the area. Put cold compresses on the face to keep any swelling down.
- If you bite your tongue or lip, clean the area gently with water and apply a cold compress.
- For toothaches, rinse the mouth with warm water to clean it out. Gently use dental floss to remove any food caught between the teeth. Do not put aspirin on the aching tooth or gum tissues.
- For objects stuck in the mouth, try to gently remove with floss but do not try to remove it with sharp or pointed instruments.
When you have a dental emergency, it’s important to visit our East Vancouver Dental Office on East Hastings St or an emergency room as soon as possible.
Here are some simple precautions you can take to avoid accident and injury to the teeth:
- Wear a mouthguard when participating in sports or recreational activities.
- Avoid chewing ice, popcorn kernels and hard candy, all of which can crack a tooth.
- Use scissors, NEVER your teeth, to cut things.
At Sunrise Village Dental, our Hastings St. Dentists reserve time in their daily schedules for emergency patients. Call our Vancouver Dental Office at (604) 253-2433 and provide as much detail as possible about your dental emergency.