We are happy to announce that our office has now reopened with enhanced health & safety measures. We will begin to schedule patients as of June 3, 2020.
The health & safety of our patients and staff has always been and will continue to be our top priority. By following the most up-to-date guidelines for infection & exposure control, set out by the College of Dental Surgeons of BC and the BC Center for Disease Control, we ensure a sanitized and safe environment for all.
In order to help protect our patients & staff we have made following changes to our office protocols:
- Our office will be operating at a lesser capacity, with additional health and safety measures in place.
- Length of appointments have been extended to accommodate the new guidelines and to allow sufficient time for our dental team to address any concerns you may have.
- We will do our best to manage your dental needs in a way that will minimize the number of appointments needed – this means longer and less frequent appointments when possible.
- All patients will be screened over the phone upon booking and prior to their scheduled appointment.
- Our team members are being screened daily and have their temperature taken prior to start of every shift.
- Our staff members and doctors will be wearing enhanced personal protective equipment to minimize cross contamination.
- Individuals accompanying patients will be required to stay outside of the office for the duration of the appointment. Special arrangements can be made in advance for minors, elderly, and persons with disability.
- Touchless payment methods via Credit & Debit only. Receipts will be provided via digital format (email).
- Protective barriers have been installed at our reception desk and perimeters have been set for 2-meter social distancing – where ever possible.
- We have increased the frequency of disinfecting high touch areas in the office.
- We will send you our Consent Form and Screening Questionnaire prior to your visit. This form must be filled, signed, and sent back to us one day prior to your appointment for us to be able to see you for your treatment.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Please arrive at your scheduled time. Should you arrive earlier than scheduled, we kindly ask that you remain outside of the office – this is to limit the number of people in the office at the same time.
- Upon entry, one of our staff will take your temperature using a touchless thermometer. (You will be sent home and asked to seek medical attention if your temperature is higher than 37.5 C).
- A series of health-related questions will be reviewed with you. You will then be escorted to the nearest handwashing station and asked to wash your hands using soap provided and to apply hand sanitizer. You will be given special mouth rinse and will be asked to rinse twice – this is to help keep any bacteria at bay and protect both your self and your dental team.
- All patients will have a series of photos taken using a special camera. These photos are to help your dental team with proper diagnosis – x-rays will be taken should they be required.
- After your appointment is complete, you will be promptly dismissed. You will be asked to settle any balances and sign any paperwork (if needed) at the reception desk prior to exiting the office.
- Any further appointments or estimates that may be needed will be discussed & scheduled over the telephone, text or email – this is to minimize the number of people in the waiting room at any given time.
We are really excited to see you all again and look forward to resuming your dental needs. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient safe.
To make an appointment, please call our office at (604) 305-3181 or email us at [email protected]
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back!
Sunrise Village Staff