A knocked-out permanent tooth is a dental emergency. Knocked-out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success.
Here’s what you should do:
- Put the tooth straight into a cup of milk if it is completely ripped off, if not then let be in the mouth.
- Do not pull out manually with force or jerks, otherwise, it may damage the ligaments, which are required if the tooth has to be replaced.
- Take painkillers if the pain is unbearable.
- Don’t use clove oil or aspirin on the wound.
- Calmly visit a dentist or hospital. It is key not to panic.
- Do not clean the tooth with disinfectant or let it dry out.
At Sunrise Village Dental in Vancouver, our dentists set aside several hours daily for dental emergencies. Please give us a call at: (604) 253-2433 or drop by our dental office at: 2538 E Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V5K 1Z6, Canada.